Friday, October 11, 2013

Do you play basketball?

Any tall ladies out there want a dollar for every time someone has asked if you play(ed) basketball.  I don't know about y'all, but I would be rich....  It seems that this particular, sports-related question is quite popular and is, somehow, seemingly acceptable to ask a complete stranger because of her above-average stature.  Curious, isn't it?  I mean, I have never come across a person who is "not quite average height" and prodded her about whether or not she is a jockey.  It seems as if there is some sort of reverse discrimination thing happening here!  Why are "little people" so protected from the rude gazes, the lame size jokes and the goofball questions, yet us statuesque women are constantly bombarded with these sad excuses for conversation starters?!?!  So, I say, next time someone approaches with the dreaded basketball inquiry, just reply with another question... "Do you play miniature golf?"

NOTE: Just for the record, YES; I did play basketball.  I was power forward or center in junior high and high school... and MVP several times, too.  I even had a triple double and broke the school record in scoring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment